1. You are a believer in chances. But after the second chance, it’s not worth it. Not the third time. Not the fourth time. Either way, you end up moving on.
2. When your mom walks in on you crying, she isn’t going to sit next to you and stroke your hair. You have to wipe your face, stand up, and eat something.
3. Being drunk doesn’t make you experienced, it just makes you drunk.
4. The friend that stays on the phone with you when you just want to be alone and feel as if death is a great idea—she is so important. Don’t you dare let her leave.
5. Telling someone you love them isn’t always enough. Sometimes you do everything you can and they will still never deserve it. It’s 39 degrees outside, just walk away.
6. You realize if you had just gotten a B instead of that C in Chem then you would be in the college of your preference. You messed up. It’s okay, you make it somewhere else.
7. When a friend disrespects your self worth, you tell them “fuck you” and don’t look back. Or you can just stop talking to them. Whatever works.
8. Graduating High School is a very great day, you learn that life is full of opportunity. Make something of yourself.
9. When he chooses the other girl, don’t cry. Don’t think it’s your fault. He’s a shitfuck. Keep your head high and don’t ever think twice. You are so much better, you know that?
10. When the boy who tells your friends that he likes you a lot, it’s okay to not be ready. Time is a healing method and we are only human; trying to get by every day without doubts.
11. Print out all the pictures you like. Write on the back of them, like the names of who are in them and what date it was. You might get in a car accident and forget your memory, you never know.
12. Your “best friend” who promised you her trust actually did hook up with the guy you were in love with that one night. And there was no remorse or regret, just a smile of arrogance. It’s the truth. Accept it. And rid them both from your life for good because they don’t matter.
13. Eat, hydrate, binge, purge, starve, do whatever you feel like doing honestly. But don’t do it for pity. Don’t do it for the label. Do it because it helps. Pain is painful, and sometimes only other pain can counteract what we are truly feeling. Just don’t hurt yourself, not for too long anyway. Things turn around.
14. There is probably an egotistical douchebag in your life. And even though they say things that are a knife in the heart, you need to hear the truth. The truth does not make you happy. But fuck, at least you wont be clueless.
15. Don’t forget to spend time with your mom. I know you fight and she makes you want to strangle yourself but she is so amazing. You’ve never been so exact to someone else before. She wont be here forever.
16. When they ask you if you believe in God, tell them you believe in faith. You believe that one day, things will be fucking better. All the pills, all the doctors, all the panic attacks, all the stress over school, all the loud fighting, all the lack of hope paid off for something. There is something so special out there waiting for you. Go find it, go live.
17. Everything is temporary: your house, your dog, your isolation, your infatuation, and the feeling of imagining you could never love someone else other than a boy who likes you only for your body and mesmerization of his fake personality. Everything, everything, is temporary. The more you truly understand this, the easier it gets."17 things I learned while being 17 (via lex-less)
i can’t wait until october when there’s no sun outside and everything is cute colors and it’s cold and there are terrible horror movies on tv, my power is at its peak then